Tuesday, May 1, 2012

..Maps..

I have been obsessed with maps for some time now. I have been collecting a bunch of National Geographic maps that date back pretty old. I get giddy like a child in a candy shop when I find a new cool one to add to my collection. The one below is faded with age and beauty and I put it in a silver frame from Ikea for my mom to have. 


These are a few of the treasures I put in our shop today. Go check them out. Everyone needs a map to adorn their walls! I have so many that I am sure you can find one that suits you and your family perfectly. Maps are so personal. Each of us has a connection to the land we live on or the places we seek to visit or maybe already have. Find one that you can connect with and make it yours forever.



I even started painting them in school. This has only increased my love for the beauty of the earth and the individual marks that each map has. Here is a new addition to our wall. I began this painting in February and it is now finished and up in our home. I get excited every morning when I wake up and see all of the beautiful colors. 


This summer I will be working on a series of maps on paper. I am planning on putting up a show on BYU campus in the Fall. I'll keep you updated on the progress I make with those works. 



No comments:

Post a Comment