Sunday, May 11, 2014

What it means to be a Mother.


{this is my mother on her wedding day}

Every woman in the world is a mother. There are so many women in my life that I look up to. These women have what it takes to be mothers. Their individual examples have shaped my beliefs of what it means to be a mother. I owe everything to my mother and her devotion to me and my sisters.

A mother is kind.
A mother is patient.
A mother is loving.
A mother stays up late to help you finish seemingly endless school projects (even when you are in college).
A mother is playful.
A mother is creative.
A mother is her child's first best friend.
A mother is lovely.
A mother is graceful.
A mother can multitask like it's no one's business.
A mother is reliable.
A mother is devoted.
A mother cares more about others than herself.
A mother is smart.
A mother gives her all even when there is nothing left to give.
A mother is honest.
A mother loves to talk to her child about anything and everything.
A mother is beautiful.
A mother is unforgettable.

Of course there are a bajillion more aspects that make up a mother but these are some that stand out to me. My thoughts have continually been focused on motherhood ever since I became pregnant a little over a year ago.

I am so grateful for Rosie. She has given me the opportunity to be a mother. And now that I am in these shoes I feel how big they are and how hard I am going to have to work to fill them. I only hope I can embody the above mentioned characteristics and be a good mother to Rosie. She deserves the world and I will do my best to give her the tools to succeed in life as the women in my life have done for me.


Happy Mother's Day to all of you mothers {women} out there. I hope you feel *especially* loved and appreciated today.

No comments:

Post a Comment