Wednesday, November 6, 2013

That One Holiday Called Halloween

This year Halloween did not really consist of much celebration in our home. We did not go trick or treating with my nieces and nephews nor did we eat tons of candy. Don't get me wrong, I was craving sugary treats and junk food like mad for about a week but tried to maintain my self-control as I know the consequences of eating a lot of anything at this point in my pregnancy only results in heartburn. I was on campus that day from 8am to 7pm working non-stop on pieces for my final art show. It was exhausting and the last thing that I wanted to do that night was to go out. I just didn't have the energy. So I sat on the couch and watched a few shows before retiring to bed early while my husband went out and played basketball with his buddies for a few hours.

We did dress up for our ward Halloween party which was the day before. It was a blast. There was a cake walk, chili and corn bread cook-off, donuts on a string and a costume contest. There was a huge turnout and it was so fun to see everyone's creative costumes. I've decided that dressing up in couples/families is way more fun than dressing up on your own. I wish I would have snapped a few photos of the best and most creative costumes from that night but I was too busy enjoying them in person. I also decorated a bit in our house...the day before Halloween. It's never too late right?!

I hope your holiday consisted of eating lots of candy and dressing up and being with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment